VSP Vision Care
VSP Vision Care
VSP Alabama Doctor Directory
- The VSP Vision Care Plan is an optional vision plan available to all full time employees of Samford effective 1/1/2013.
- You do not have to be a participant in the Samford BCBS plan to participate in the VSP Vision Care Plan.
- If you are enrolled in the Samford BCBS plan, the VSP benefits would be in addition to the vision benefits provided in the BCBS plan.
- Once enrolled, simply tell your eyecare provider that you have VSP. No ID card is necessary and no ID card will be issued.
- The current rates are as follows:
- Individual Coverage: $7.39/month
- 2-Person Coverage: $14.78/month
- Family Coverage: $23.80/month
- The VSP Vision Care Plan provides for:
- Well Vision Exam once every calendar year, subject to a $20.00co-pay when using a VSP doctor.
- Prescription Glasses, subject to a $20.00 co-pay when using a VSP doctor:
- Lenses every calendar year (single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal, and polycarbonate lenses for dependent children)
- Frames every other calendar year ($150 allowance for a wide selection of frames, 20% off the amount over your allowance)
- Contacts (instead of glasses) every calendar year
- Up to a $60 co-pay for your contact lens exam (fitting and evaluation)
- $150 allowance for contacts
- Extra Savings and Discounts
- 20-25% savings on non-covered lens options
- 20% off additional glasses and sunglasses, including lens options, from any VSP doctor within 12 months of your Well Vision Exam
- 15% off the contact lens exam
- Average 15% off the regular price or 5% off the promotional price of laser vision correction from contracted facilities
- If you use a provider other than a VSP doctor:
- Exams covered up to $45.00
- Single Vision Lenses covered up to $30
- Lined Bifocal Lenses covered up to $50
- Lined Trifocal Lenses covered up to $100
- Frames covered up to $70
- Contacts covered up to $105
- To find a VSP doctor, please refer to the VSP Alabama Doctor Directory