Academic Technology Specialist
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2013
Salary Range: $12.84 to $15.86
The summary of this position is to oversee the maintenance and support of classroom technologies including projection and audio systems as well as additional University technologies and to provide training to faculty and staff in the use of such technologies. The position is a 40 hour/week position with flexibility to work nights and weekends when necessary.
The primary duties of this position are:
- Provide ongoing maintenance of classroom projection and audio systems. This includes troubleshooting and facilitating repairs to existing equipment, installing replacement lamps and filters, and other necessary tasks.
- Determines, when necessary, the replacement status of classroom technologies and provides recommendations to the Director of Learning Applications.
- Coordinates with vendors in acquiring costs for installation or repair services.
- Works with faculty and staff in assessing classroom technology needs.
- Provides training and support to faculty and staff, as needed. This includes training on the use of computer and classroom technologies.
- Provides academic support to schools and departments related to other classroom technologies. This can include, but is not limited to, software installation, desktop support and other tasks as determined by the Director of Learning Applications.
- Provides reports to the Director of Learning Applications regarding classroom technology needs and requests.
- Stays current on trends and best practices as they relate to classroom technologies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Employment background or educational history must indicate a minimum of two years' experience with audio/video technologies and strategies along with two years' experience supporting audio/video technologies including but not limited to, projection and audio systems, web/video conferencing solutions, and desktop support.
- Resumes must have a minimum of two years' experience in computer operation and maintenance.
- Employment background or educational history must show a minimum of two years skill in training and end-user support.
- Applicants must indicate knowledge of software products (Microsoft Office 2007 version or higher) and various operating systems (such as: Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS).
- Applicants must be physically able to bend and lift a minimum of 30 pounds and walk across campus delivering equipment.
- Applicants must be available to work a 40 hour/week position with flexibility to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Apply for this job
Submit resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229
FAX: (205) 726-4027
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.