Parents Leadership Council
The Samford Parents Leadership Council (PLC) is a group organized to serve as a voice and an ear for all Samford parents. The PLC is a volunteer group of parents who meet twice a year, during FamilyWeekend and Step Sing, to help strengthen ties between the university and parents of current students. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities to serve on the PLC, check out the responsibilities listed below and contact Kelia Furr (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Support Samford financially: All PLC members are asked to make an annual gift to Samford to maintain membership.
- Network: Assist in building and strengthening relationships with parents of current students, parents of prospective students, and alumni. Assist with internships and career opportunities.
- Volunteer: Partner with the Office of Parents Programs to organize at least one event per year in a region
- Pray: Regularly pray for Samford students, faculty, staff and trustees.
- Recruit: Help identify students who will choose Samford. Referrals are always appreciated!
We are fortunate to have leadership from these great Samford families for 2012-2013:
- PLC Co-Chairs: Jeff and Lisa Hubbard, Mississippi
- Bill and Sheila Akin, Tennessee
- Ron and Rosemyra Blanton, Louisiana
- Verne and Andrea Bragg, Florida
- Pete and Julie Clemens, Tennessee
- Mark and Rebekah Cottingham, Georgia
- Deon Downey, Florida
- Sean and Susan Doyle, Alabama
- Jim and Sherri Foyt, Alabama
- Daniel and Joyce Hall, Mississippi
- Jeff and Lisa Hayes, Alabama
- Erik and Renee Holdo, Georgia
- Paul and Lisa McCrary, Alabama
- Rex and Ellen McDowell, Texas
- Vance and Mindy McLarren, Indiana
- Mark and Susan Merrill, Florida
- Stephen and Ashley Payne, Mississippi
- Peter and Kim Powell, Nashville
- Dean and Gina Saunders, Florida
- Mike and Susan Speakman
- Charlie and Holly Taylor, Florida
- David and Belinda Thomas, Alabama
- Jim and Trez Zotkiewcz, Louisiana