Welcome to the Office of the Provost Web Page, and thank you for taking the time to learn about the academic programs and services at Samford University. The Provost at Samford University has responsibility, under the President, for the operation and improvement of all of the academic programs and academic support services of the university. The Office of the Provost provides services in the following areas:
- Collaborates with other senior administrators in advancing the priorities of the university.
- Works directly with the academic deans on issues related to faculty recruiting and development and the planning and management of the university's schools, academic departments, and academic programs.
- Serves as the chief policy, personnel, and budget officer for academic affairs and provides guidance for the necessary staff support to the academic enterprise, including institutional research, planning, and quality assessment.
- Guides the management of university-wide academic activities and infrastructure, including non-traditional student programs, international education, registrar, continuing education, and learning resources and support.
- Ensures that the academic mission and priorities of the university are undergirded by the budgeting process and that resources are allocated strategically in support of the university mission.