Samford University

Federal Work Study Information

If you have been awarded funds through the Federal Work‐Study program for the upcoming aid year, these funds will be paid as a paycheck for hours worked on a biweekly basis.

Finding A Job

Students may contact employers about on‐campus jobs directly.  A list of available on campus positions with job description, job requirements and contact information are available on the Federal Work Study Listings page.  Most jobs for the fall semester will be listed by August.

FWS Community Service Program

Students who are eligible for federal work study (FWS) also have the option of finding employment through the FWS Community Work Service Program. This program allows students to work for a local nonprofit organization or public agency, or as a reading/math tutor for local elementary schools through the America Reads and America Counts Programs while utilizing their FWS award.  Possible opportunities may be viewed on the Agency List.  Students interested in working through this program should contact the Office of Financial Aid at, (800) 888-7245 or (205) 726-2905.

Payroll Forms

 Once you have secured employment, your supervisor will complete the Student Employment Form. First‐time Samford student employees will need to complete the forms listed below:

All the forms listed above are available in Human Resources, Samford Hall, Room 302. When all documents required for student employment are complete and returned to Human Resources, the student will receive a Student Employment Authorization card and may begin work.