Federal Work Study on the Web
View Detailed Setup Instructions
To view your federal work study award, earnings and balance through BANNER Self-Service follow the one-time setup instructions below.
- Enter the Samford Portal through the SU home page.
- In the top left corner, select Content Layout.
- Click on New Channel.
- Under Select a category, choose Banner Channels. After making your selection, click Go.
- Select Student Work Study as the channel category and then click Add Channel
- Student Work Study will now appear as a channel on the Manage Content/Layout screen
- In the top left corner under the belltower, click on the wording "Back to Home Tab" and you will see the new section with your federal work study award information.
- If you would like to change the column in which you review the award information on your home tab, go back to the Manage Content/Layout screen and use the arrow buttons to move this information.
- You will now see your federal work study information each time you go to the Portal.
Please use this information to monitor your remaining work study balance and to be aware of changes in your award.
For questions regarding your award, contact your advisor in the Office of Financial Aid at 205-726-2905 or email@example.com.
For questions regarding your earnings, contact the Payroll Office at 205-726-4638 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help navigating your internet browser, please contact Computer Support at 726-2662 or email@example.com.