Samford University

Pass/Fail Form


The Pass/Fail Form is for students (sophomore, junior, or senior only) who elect to have a course changed from a standard letter grade to a pass/fail grade basis or vice versa. This form must be completed and submitted by the deadline to withdraw from a class without academic penalty (see the academic calendar for exact dates) and cannot be used for courses that are required in the core curriculum, general education curriculum, or for major/minor/concentration requirements. Pass/fail courses can be applied toward the upper-level credit requirement (min 40 UL credits for a bachelor's degree). Students may elect to receive a pass/fail grade instead of a letter grade in no more than 12 credits of regular coursework, however.

Note: Certain internship and externship courses may be taken for pass/fail credit only. Credits earned in these courses may count toward the major/minor and are not included in the 12-credit limit.