Course Prerequisites and Corequisites
|Course #||Course Name||Prerequisites*/Corequisites**|
|609||Partnership Taxation||Federal Income Tax I (668)* or permission of the instructor|
|610||Business Planning||Business Organizations (526)** or permission of the instructor||Waiver|
|620||Securities Regulation||Business Organizations (526)* or permission of the instructor||Waiver|
|639||Taxation of Non-Profit Organizations||Federal Income Tax I (668)** or permission of the instructor||Waiver|
|641||Estate Administration||Wills, Trusts, & Estates (540)*|
|655||Corporate Taxation||Business Organizations (526)** and Federal Income Tax I (668)** or permission of the instructor||Waiver|
|669||Federal Income Tax II||Federal Income Tax I (668)*|
|699||ERISA||Federal Income Tax I (668)*|
|712||Jury Selection||Basic Skills (800)*|
|714||Deposition Skills/Technology||Basic Skills (800)*|
|769 AD||Advanced Domestic Relations||Domestic Relations (662)**|
|799-01||Representing Small Business||Business Organizations (526)**|
|800||Basic Skills||Evidence (524)*|
|804||Advanced Skills||Basic Skills (800)* and approval of the instructor|
*Prerequisite: must be taken before the listed course
**Corequisite: may be taken at the same time as the listed course
Permission of Instructor: must have signed permission of the instructor before being registered for the listed course
Note: Fall and spring registration is not completed online; please follow the instructions above.
Instructions to Complete Online Registration
- Log into the Samford portal
- Click on the Banner icon
- Click the menu item entitled “Student & Financial Aid”.
- Click the menu item entitled "Registration" to begin.
- Click the menu item entitled “Registration Status”.
- Select the “Term” you want to register for and click on the “Submit” button
- Review information and take care of any holds listed, if none and the date is during the dates shown under “You may register during the following times” you may proceed by clicking the “Return To Menu” link in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Click the menu item entitled "Add or Drop Classes" (If the “Registration Term” screen appears then select the term you are going to register for)
- Click the “Class Search” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select one or more subjects and any other search criteria you want to use. At least one subject must always be selected for a search.
- Once you've found your class, check the box to the left to select it. If there is a "C" in this space, then the class section is closed.
- Once you have check marked the course(s) you want, click the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Class Search” to repeat the process and complete your entire schedule.
- To view your schedule, click "Student Detail Schedule" in the Registration.