This policy is intended to help you understand the following:
- What information we collect, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices you have regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
The site automatically collects non-personally-identifiable information such as request origin, geolocation, Web browser and operating system, device type and user events.
We also provide opportunities for you to voluntarily share personal information such as your name, email address or phone number when they are needed to provide you with the information or services you are requesting.
You will know when you're sharing personal information because you will have to perform an action like submitting a form, sending an email or calling a phone number.
To help the university better understand the information our visitors value and to assist us in providing the best possible visitor experience, the site uses browser cookies and pixel tracking technologies to identify repeat visits as well as track and engage visitor interests.
The university uses non-personally-identifiable information to help us better understand our various audiences, how they found the site, what technologies they are using and how they interacted with the site during their visits. Understanding audience engagement helps us make decisions regarding our services and assists us in improving the visitor experience.
The university primarily uses the personal information you provide to fulfill your requests, but we may also contact you via email or present advertisements on third-party sites through the Google Content Network or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to inform you of university products and services.
The university is the sole owner of information collected on our site. While we may share non-personally identifiable information at our discretion, we will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone.
We may also share personally identifiable information with partners who are providing services on our behalf. However, our partners are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing services on our behalf.
Access to and Control Over Your Information
Limit the Information You Share
You have several options to limit the information you share with us (and other websites). You can:
- Block cookies in your browser.
- Browse our site using your browser's private or incognito mode.
- Enable do not track in your browser.
- Manage your ad preference settings for Google and Facebook.
- Do not submit forms, send emails or make calls through the website.
Limit the Information You Receive
- Emails from the university should include an unsubscribe link that will allow you to manage your subscriptions. If you receive an email that doesn't allow you to unsubscribe, please forward a copy of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request removal from our customer relation management system by sending an email to email@example.com.
Sensitive information, such as credit card data, is collected and transmitted over a secure (encrypted) connection. While the university employs encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline by limiting access to employees who need the information to perform a specific job like billing or customer service.