Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
A Calling to Care
Speech language pathology and audiology are inherently service careers. The professionals who choose this life are called to a life of caring, using their gifts to better the lives of others. We’ve designed our undergraduate program to give you the skills, knowledge and the practical experience you need to continue your education at the graduate level.
“Don’t be jealous or proud; be humble and consider others more important than yourselves. Care about them as much as you care about yourself.”
Philippians 2: 3-5
Our innovative four-year curriculum is built on a foundation of rigorous academics, service and leadership. You’ll have access to numerous community partnerships, where you will develop essential hands-on experience with children and adults who have communication disorders. Inter-professional education experiences are also a key component of the program. You will learn alongside students and faculty from a variety of health care disciplines and you will graduate prepared to work within the increasingly complex health care environment.
In the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders we use faith-based academic coursework and clinical placements designed to foster lifelong learning, attainment of personal career goals and high moral and ethical competency so that practitioners will be of service to others in their community and throughout the world.
In the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, we live by a code of values and philosophies:
- Faith: We live our faith by our words and actions.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in our academic programming and in our students' learning outcomes.
- Integrity: We embrace persons who hold themselves to a higher standard.
- Learning: We provide a platform for becoming life-long learners.
- Teamwork: We believe that together we are stronger.
- Service: We believe in serving others as our gifts and talents allow.