Our curriculum prepares students to practice in all areas of law, including corporate law, trial advocacy, health law, environmental law and public interest law.
There are three components to the law school that combine to create its successful academic environment:
- The collegial, scholarly interaction between our faculty and students.
- Lawyering and Legal Reasoning (LLR), the comprehensive, cutting-edge writing course that gives each first-year student hands-on experience in skills that range from the initial client interview to the preparation and presentation of an appellate brief.
- Our location. Cumberland School of Law is situated on Samford University’s campus near downtown Birmingham, one of the legal hubs of the Southeast. Our proximity to this dynamic market offers students rich externship opportunities and extracurricular activities that enhance the classroom experience and offer networking opportunities.
These characteristics matter because the law school you choose will have a significant impact on your future.
In the three years it takes to earn your law degree you will:
- Decide what kind of law you want to practice.
- Develop the critical skills needed to represent your clients with competence and confidence.
- Build relationships that will endure for a lifetime.
We invite you to come and see for yourself what Cumberland School of Law has to offer. Sit in on a class, take a seat in the library and talk with members of the law school's community. These community members know what it's like to be where you are today; they chose the law, and then they chose Cumberland School of Law.