Cumberland School of Law
Office: Law Library
Phone: 205-726-2432Della H. Darby joined the Samford University faculty in 2000 as chair of the Reference Department of the University Library. In 2005, she transferred to chair of the Cataloging Department. From 2007-11, she also directed the Samford Institute for Genealogy & Historical Research. In 2011, Darby joined the Lucille Stewart Beeson Law Library as serials/electronic resources/archives librarian. Before coming to Samford, Darby was the government documents librarian at Jacksonville State University and acquisitions librarian at Georgia College & State University.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.L.I.S., The University of South Carolina
- B.S., Spalding University
- “Using Server-Side Include Commands for Subject Web-Page Management: An Alternative to Database-Driven Technologies for the Smaller Academic Library,” 23 Information Technology and Libraries 192 (2004) (with Ed Cherry and Lori Northrup).
- “Cooperation in a Multi-Faceted Reference Department: Blending Resources, Personnel, and Services of Reference, Instruction, Interlibrary Loan, and Government Documents,” 83/84 The Reference Librarian 119 (2003) (with Lori Northrup, Carla Waddell, and Heather Watters).
- Member, American Association of Law Libraries
- Member, Law Libraries Association of Alabama
- Member, Southeastern Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries