Leigh A. Jones, a proud native of Birmingham, has been the evening and weekend reference librarian at the Lucille Stewart Beeson Law Library since May 2017. Prior to arriving at Samford, she spent nine years at Tuskegee University, where she served in the positions of engineering librarian and government documents/reference librarian. Her professional interests include information accessibility and technical writing (specifically, aspects of content marketing and instructional design). She is also interested in issues related to patient advocacy and disability inclusion. In her spare time, Jones can be found roaming various walking and hiking trails. She spends time completing various arts and crafts projects.
In her role at Cumberland, she most enjoys helping students learn new research skills. She is always grateful for any opportunity to help others understand the importance of information literacy within the context of legal research.
- M.L.A., English, Auburn University Montgomery, 2018
- M.S.L.S., Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006
- J.D., Law, Texas Southern University, 2003
- B.A., Business and English, Fisk University, 2000
- Special Member, Alabama State Bar Association