Information Technology Librarian
Cumberland School of Law
Office: Law Library
Phone: 205-726-2687Grace L. Simms joined Beeson Law Library in 2001 as an information technology librarian. In her role, Simms supports the technology needs of the law library as well as those of the law students. For students, she is a “computer concierge” – technology help – day or night. She also teaches Technology and the Practice of Law.
Prior to joining Cumberland School of Law, Simms worked in several law firms in Birmingham, Ala.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.L.S., University of Alabama
- B.A., Birmingham-Southern College
Awards and Honors
- Staff Appreciation Award, 2009, 2013, and 2014
- Member, American Association of Law Libraries
- Member, Southeastern Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries
- Member, Law Libraries Association of Alabama
- Member, American Library Association
- Member, Samford University Faculty Senate