- Historic and pleasant campus. Check.
- Supportive and accessible faculty. Check.
- Award-winning and learning-focused library. Check.
- Cutting-edge technology for the classroom and the courtroom. Indeed.
Why the emphasis on technology? Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law recognizes that new advances in technology offer new tools to enrich the learning experience. And as technology changes, so must the law to adapt to the new opportunities and issues created by our changing world. Our graduates are better prepared lawyers because of their hands-on experience with practice-changing technology now available.
Our Trial Courtroom
Equipped with smart boards for presentation, a computerized projection and sound system, digital video, and a plasma television.
All classrooms have a SMART board or SMART Sympodium.
Our Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton Advanced Trial Advocacy Courtroom
Equipped to reflect the technology available in courtrooms across the country.
Our Advanced Trial Advocacy Course
Includes database and Internet access at each counsel table, as well as delivers special instruction in reproducing evidence with three-dimensional digital presenters, video, and DVD reenactments. Digital video is used to critique and polish courtroom skills.
Note: These forms are in the process of being redeveloped from the old site, If the form is not linked, it has not yet been moved. Please contact Cumberland Technology Services for assistance
Student RecordsApplication for Degree
Bar Intent Form
Joint Degree Enrollment Form - Governing Procedures
Graduation Candidate Diploma Form
Letter of Good Standing Requisition Form
The Office of Law Student Records maintains all law student’s records, updates the student database, and coordinates all phases of course registration. The Student Records Office promotes a professional and supportive atmosphere while providing knowledgeable and exceptional academic assistance to our students.
The Office of Law Student Records provides the following services:
- Adding/Dropping courses
- Advising students on course selection and graduation requirements
- Maintain class schedules and academic calendars
- Program changes in conjunction with joint degree enrollment
- Graduation checklists
- Dean’s Certification
- Graduation Certification
- Degree Verification
- Class ranks, Dean’s List, Book Awards and Honors
- Loan Deferment Processing
- Bar Study Loan Certification
Upon written request or with student authorization and release forms and in accordance with FERPA guidelines, this office provides documents and transcripts to students, employers and/or bar associations.
Scholar of Merit
The office of student services strives to enhance Cumberland students’ success in law school and in life. The office:
- Provides academic and non-academic counseling
- Coordinates disabilities services
- Supports student organizations
- Provides bar information
- Organizes commencement exercises
- Works as a liaison to direct students to available campus services.
The office is a resource and sounding board to help students navigate the rigors of law school.
Student Health Links
Publications and Policies
University Services and Opportunities
Matthew McClain Peer Scholarship Fund Application