Hanna Center Quick Facts
Location: Samford University, Birmingham, AL
First Event: Walter Isaacson Lecture, October 18, 2007
Price: $32 Million
Square Footage: 132,000 square feet
General Contractor: Stanmar Inc.; Wayland, MA
Arena Capacity: 4,974
Record Crowd: 5, 116 (Men’s Basketball vs. Davidson, 1/31/09)
- Thomas and Marla Corts Arena
- Seating for 4,974, including 2,800 chair-back seats.
- Space to seat between 500-1,000 on the floor for non-athletic events, including Convocations, Concerts and Speakers
- Upper-level bleachers pull forward, creating more intimate atmosphere for events.
- Ability to use two full basketball or volleyball courts for practice, camps and tournaments.
- Drop-down curtain to allow for efficient use of space.
- Center-hung scoreboard with message center.
- Two endzone scoreboards with in-game statistics.
- Daktronics Video board with full replay and video capabilities.
- Pro-Show LED tables and backlit courtside tables.
- Portable staging, allowing for varied event setups.
- Ability to use multiple lighting and sound setups for events.
- General Student Fitness Center and Weight Room; Plaza Level
- Open approximately 115 hours per week for students, faculty and staff.
- Eight treadmills and elliptical trainers as well as four bikes, each with individual television units.
- Life Fitness cardio equipment and Hammer Strength free weights.
- Full locker room facilities.
- South Colonnade Area; Inside Arena, overlooking Joe Lee Griffin Baseball Stadium
- Great open space can seat as many as 250 for dinners, banquets and large receptions.
- Hospitality Room; Plaza Level
- Overlooking Corts Arena as well as Seibert Stadium and Joe Lee Griffin Stadium, with room to seat 125 for events.
- Varsity Weight Room, Ground Floor
- Full Hammer Strength facility with Olympic lifting platforms
- Athletic Training and Rehabilitation Facility, Ground Floor
- Twelve treatment stations and six additional taping tables.
- Hydro-therapy room features extra large hot and cold tub.
- Computer Lab, Ground Floor
- 20 individual stations and four study carrels for tutoring.
- Seminar Room with 100-person capacity, Ground Floor
- Audio-visual system provides the opportunity for presentations, lectures and meetings.
- Box Office; Plaza Level
- Chapel; Ground Level
- Dedicated Entrances For Student-Athletes and Visiting Teams
- Integrated Audio-Visual System, Hard-Wired for Television Production
- Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Women’s Soccer and Volleyball
- Visiting Teams and Officials
Offices: 50 Total, Suites Include:
- Athletics Administration
- Hanna Center Administration
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Volleyball, Track & Soccer
- Baseball, Softball and Golf
- Athletic Training
Sampling of Events Held in Hanna Center:
- Gala Homecoming Dinner
- Little Big Town Concert
- Harlem Globetrotters Performance
- T-Mobile Invitational National High School Basketball Tournament
- Banquets and Receptions
- Major University Events
- AAU Basketball and Volleyball Tournaments
- Meetings and Conferences
- State Youth Evangelism Conference
- Community Events
- Admission Preview Days
For More Information on the Pete Hanna Center, Contact:
Director of Venue Management, Pete Hanna Center, Leslie S. Wright Fine Arts Center
Phone: (205) 726-4591