IRB Members Training (Required)
- All Samford University IRB members are required to complete an IRB training session.
- Required Training Internet link
- Registration is required, but is at no-charge.
- Each member is to print a certificate upon completion of the training.
- This certificate is to be sent to the SU IRB Chair within two months of being appointed to the committee.
- A new certificate is not needed each year from each committee member.
- All IRB members must be recertified every three years.
- Certificate safe keeping is the responsibility of the Chair; the certificates will be provided to the newly elected Chair upon completion of the previous Chair's term.
Researcher Training (Required)
- Primary researchers (which includes students) and student project supervisors are required to submit a training certificate or certificate number along with the submission of an IRB application.
- Researcher Training session Internet link
- Registration is required, but at no-charge.
Download the IRB Research Tutorial PowerPoint