Rules and Procedures
Prelaw Advisor and Prelaw Advisory Board:
- Both the Prelaw Advisor and members of the Advisory Board are encouraged to contribute to the “From the Faculty” portion of the Pre-Law Society Newsletter, The Amicus Curiae.
- Both the Prelaw Advisor and members of the Advisory Board are encouraged to attend meetings and events whenever possible.
Officers and Representatives:
- Officers will be selected at the beginning of each fall semester except in cases when circumstances do not allow.
- Should an officer withdraw from the organization for any reason, he/she will be replaced by a member selected by the Prelaw Advisor
- Representatives will be selected at the beginning of each semester except in cases when circumstances do not allow.
- Should a representative withdraw from the organization for any reason, he/she will be replaced at the next Society meeting.
- All Officers and Representatives will perform their assigned duties except in occasion of emergencies or be forced to relinquish their position.
- The method of selection of officers and representatives will be determined by the Prelaw Advisor.
- Society membership is open to any undergraduate students interested in going to law school as well as members of the faculty who are interested in the law.
- All members will pay dues on the second meeting or event of each semester except when directed otherwise.
- Members must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.5.
- Meetings and Events will be held at the discretion of the President and Prelaw Advisor a minimum of once a month.
- Members are required to attend a minimum of two meetings or events each semester.
- Upon initiation each member will receive a Membership Packet outlining organizational information.
- Any member coming under University discipline will be subjected to review and possible rejection by faculty and officers.
- Members wishing to withdraw from the Society will be required to notify both the President and the Prelaw Advisor of their Decision.
- The purchase of Samford Prelaw Society T-shirts is encouraged but not required.
- Members are encouraged to contribute to the “May it Please the Court . . .”portion of the Society newsletter, The Amicus Curiae.
- Members are encouraged to participate in Samford’s Mock Trial Team.