Special Information for BACHE Exchange Students
STUDENTS participating in classes through the BACHE Course Exchange arrangement ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING AND ACTING ON THE OFFICIAL POLICIES IN PLACE AT THE HOST CAMPUS.
The rules and regulations of the Host Institution are binding on ALL students taking courses.
Some of the areas of policy that students must adhere to include, but are not limited to:
- ACADEMIC HONESTY AND/OR HONOR CODES: Each of the participating institutions has a written policy regarding actions that constitute academic dishonesty and outlining penalties for such actions. Birmingham-Southern College requires students in its classes to sign a statement that they understand and will adhere to the college's honor code.
- DROP/ADD AND WITHDRAWAL POLICIES: Drop/Add and Withdrawal processes occur at the home institution and must be done according to the calendar requirements of that institution. The student should also inform his host professor and the host institution of such actions.
- CLASS ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: The participating institutions and faculties have different policies regarding attendance. Some may automatically fail a student after a certain number of absences; others have a policy of lowering grades according to the number of absences; some faculty keep no record of absences.
- LIBRARIES, LABS (including Computer, Language, Science, and other), PRACTICE ROOMS, and such RULES, HOURS, ACCESSIBILITY: BACHE institutions vary in their policies regarding accessibility, hours, length or time of use, and other issues regarding campus libraries, labs, practice rooms, and other facilities. The host campus' rules and regulations must be adhered to.
- PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS: You are responsible for paying traffic citations issued by the host institution if you violate parking regulations. You must also have a BACHE hang tag in clear view from its spot on your rearview mirror.
For more information, see the BACHE home page at http://www.bache.org/.
BACHE Form in PDF