XpressConnect Instructions (PC)
Samford Wireless Network Quick-Connection Guide (PC users).
Note: Some variance in the process may occur based on machine, operating system, and browser. Follow any instructions provided by XpressConnect.
- Navigate to the list of available wireless networks on your computer and select the ConfigSUWireless network and click Connect. When you are alerted that this is an unsecured connection, click Connect Anyway.
- Once you are connected to the ConfigSUWireless Network, you may receive the option to browse the internet using this network which will open a browser window and direct you to Samford's XpressConnect wizard. If you do not get the option to browse the internet, simply open a web browser and continue to the next step.
- Once the connection wizard page loads, make sure the box is checked at the bottom and click the Start button.
- The page will begin to load the installation script. This may take a few seconds. You may be prompted to install an ActiveX Control. Do so and the installation process should continue.
- When prompted, enter your Samford User Name and Samford Password and click Continue. The configuration tool begins to execute. The default answers provided by the tool are the correct ones to use. Just click Continue through the installer until the utility completes.
- When you see the screen that says you were "Successfully connected," you can click Done and close the window.
- You should now be able to use the network.