About the Law Library
Why do our campus tours always end in the library? If you’ve visited campus, you know.
The spacious and open Lucille Stewart Beeson Law Library is a grand facility, created for serious study, deliberation and great ideas.
At a time when other institutions struggle to keep students on campus or keep their resources in step with student needs, Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law is able to provide a library of significance, a place sought out by students seeking academic excellence, collegial comfort and a third place for thinking and study.
By the Numbers
Our library accommodates both private and group scholarship and includes:
- 16 conference rooms
- 474 study spaces
- Carrels with electrical connections, long tables and comfortable seating
- More than 200,000 shelved volumes
- 96,000 volumes on microfiche
- All federal and state judicial opinions and statutory codes
- Law reviews from every American law school
- Access to the Federal Register and Code of Federal Regulations
- United States hearings and reports
- Selected foreign common law rulings