Allison Jackson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology
School of Health Professions
Department of Kinesiology
Office: CHS Building 2 2G32
Phone: 205-726-2115Allison Jackson has learned the truth of Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Jackson, who has been employed by Samford University for eight years, started as an adjunct professor in the department of kinesiology and completed her Ph.D. while teaching full time and raising her sons. "I . . . fell in love with the students, faculty and campus atmosphere so much that I wanted to be full time rather than a stay-at-home mom," she said. "I enjoy juggling my work and home life because I love what I do outside my home."
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., sport pedagogy, University of Alabama
- M.Ed., physical education, Auburn University at Montgomery
- B.S., physical education, Auburn University at Montgomer
- Motor development and inclusion of students with disabilities in physical education
Awards and Honors
- Honor Award, Alabama State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Recreation Professional of the Year
- Alabama State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, board of directors