Justin Moody, a native of Double Springs, Alabama, joined Samford in 2018 after completing his Ph.D. at Auburn University. His research interests focus on the developmental consequences of sports-related concussions. He is passionate about teaching and mentoring students, especially in regards to the benefits of sport and exercise on the brain.
“The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is His name.” – Exodus 15:3
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Kinesiology - Neuroscience, Auburn University
- M.Ed., Biomechanics, Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, Samford University
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Alabama Athletic Trainers’ Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- American Safety and Health Institute
- Pediatric neuroscience
- Sports-related concussion prevention
- Rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Feiss, R. S., Lutz, M., Moody, J. R., & Pangelinan, M. M. A systematic review of coach and parent knowledge of concussion. Journal of Concussion, 4, 2059700219900053. (2020).
- Miller, R. A., Rogers, R. R., Williams, T. D., Marshall, M. R., Moody, J. R., Hensarling, R. W., & Ballmann, C. G. Effects of Protective American Football Headgear on Peripheral Vision Reaction Time and Visual Target Detection in Division I NCAA Football Players. Sports (Basel), 7(9), 213. (2019).
- Moody, J. R., Feiss, R. S., & Pangelinan, M. M. A systematic review of acute concussion assessment selection in research. Brain Inj, 33(8), 967-973. (2019).
- Moody, J. R., & Pangelinan, M. M., North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity, “Sports participation affects the developmental trajectory of brain volume and motor behavior in children and adolescents.”, Baltimore, Maryland. (2019).
- Moody, J. R., Feiss, R. S., & Pangelinan, M. M., North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity, “A Systematic Review of Acute Sports-Related Concussion Assessments”, Denver, Colorado. (2018).
- Moody, J. R., Auburn University This Is Research Symposium, “Acute Sports-Related Concussion Assessment Selection”, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama. (2018).
- Moody, J. R., Feiss, R. S., & Pangelinan, M. M., Tactical Athlete Summit, “The Effect of Sports-Related Concussion on the Cerebellum and Neurological Soft Signs”, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama. (2017).
- Pediatric Concussion
- Minor neurological dysfunction
- Athletic injuries
- Developmental plasticity