Kyle Southall, M.S., ATC, PES
Kyle Southall, originally from Roseville, Ohio, joined the Department of Kinesiology in August 2016. He previously served as head athletic trainer at Birmingham-Southern College. Prior to his time at BSC, Southall served as a graduate assistant athletic trainer covering football, men's basketball, and baseball at Waynesburg University in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. He was also an adjunct professor in the athletic training and sports science department at Waynesburg University. In his free time Southall enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, and traveling.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.S., athletic training, West Virginia University
- B.S., athletic training, Ohio University
Prevention and management of sports related injuries and illnesses.
- The Role of the Athletic Trainer in the Sports Medicine Team
- Kinesiotaping in Sports Medicine
- Elbow and Shoulder Injuries and Management in the Overhead Athlete
- Injury prevention
- Performance enhancing techniques
- American Red Cross, CPR/AED/FA Instructor
- Performance Enhancement Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- National Athletic Trainer Society, member
- Alabama Athletic Trainer Association, member