School of Health Professions
Department of Kinesiology
2G16 CHS Building 2
Tyler Williams, a native of Ridgeland, Mississippi, comes to Samford from the University of Alabama where he earned his Ph.D. in Human Performance. His professional interests include monitoring resistance training performance and programming strategies for enhancing muscular fitness. In his free time, Tyler serves as a coach to competitive powerlifters across the southeast region.
His mission is to encourage students with message of Ephesians 2:10, "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Degrees and Certifications
- PH.D., Human Performance- Exercise Physiology, University of Alabama
- M.A., Exercise Science- University of Alabama
- B.S., Business Administration- Mississippi College
Awards and Honors
- ESPRMC Most Outstanding Poster Award, 2016
- American Heart Association Lifestyle Change Award, 2014
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Southeast American College of Sports Medicine