Earn a Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology in Only Five Years
The fast-track program in speech-language pathology provides an opportunity for qualified students to complete a BS and MS in five years instead of the six-year traditional path. Students who are accepted into the fast-track program complete undergraduate courses their first three years and begin graduate coursework in the summer following their junior year. Only entering freshmen may apply for acceptance into the fast-track program. Students must maintain a 3.5 GPA and earn a B or higher in all major classes to remain in the program. Throughout their fast-track path, students will be mentored by peers and faculty.
Upon completion of undergraduate requirements, students will graduate and receive the Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
January 25-26, 2024 - fast-track interviews
February 26, 2024 – Fast track applicants will be notified of final decisions.
Priority Deadline December 1st, 2023
Students with a 3.8 high school GPA (4.0 scale) and a >/= 29 ACT Superscore are eligible to apply for the fast-track program. Students complete an application and may be invited for an interview.
- Low student-to-teacher ratio in the classroom
- Highly experienced faculty with wide range of expertise who mentor students throughout the program.
- A rigorous curriculum that is updated as needed to reflect ever-evolving research and best practices in the educational and health care industries.
- Service learning and supervised research projects
- Study alongside students in other healthcare disciplines as part of Samford’s College of Health Sciences, an innovative learning environment designed to foster interprofessional collaboration and experiential learning.