Assistant Professor and Director, Healthcare Administration Undergraduate Program
School of Public Health
Department of Healthcare Administration and Informatics
1595 CHS Building 1
- Ph.D., Public Administration & Public Policy, Auburn University
- M.P.H., Public Health Administration, East Tennessee State University
- B.S., Health Administration & Community Health, with a minor in marketing, East Tennessee State University
Awards and Honors
- Samford University Professor of the Game, 2021
- Birmingham’s NextGen: Rising Stars of Education and Workforce Development Award Recipient, 2020
- Auburn University’s 2020 Women of Distinction Alumnae Award Recipient, 2020
- Auburn University’s 2020 Distinguished Dissertation Award Recipient, 2020
- Thirty Under 30 Alumni Recipient, Auburn University’s College of Liberal Arts, 2020
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards National Finalist, 2019
- Southern Management Association’s Healthcare Management Track, Best Doctoral Student Paper Award, 2017
- The Beryl Institute Scholar, 2017
- American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) Alabama Chapter, vice president
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration, member and certification reviewer
- Academy of Management, member
- Southern Management Association, member
- Southern Conference for Public Administration Member, member
- Healthcare administration
- Public health
- Quality improvement
- Haun, C.N., (2021). Examining the Influence of Proximal Density to Nursing School Location on Quality Outcomes in Nursing Homes: An Expanded Study. Nursing Economics.
- Haun, C.N. (2021). A Double Hit: COVID-19 and Childhood Obesity. Global Journal of Nutrition & Food Science. 3 (3), 1-2.
- Haun, C.N., Mahafza, Z.B., Silvera, G.A. (2018). A Study Examining the Influence of Proximity to Nurse Staffing Resources on Quality of Care Outcomes. INQUIRY: The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision, and Financing. 55.
- Fisk, J.M., Silvera, G.A., Haun, C.N. (2018). Developing and Assessing Diversity. Public Integrity.1-14.
- Haun, C.N., Mahafza, Z., Good, A.J., Nettey, V. (2017). Childhood Obesity: A Survey of the Nutrition and Physical Activity Components of the Coordinated School Health (CSH) Program in Rural Areas. Contemporary Rural Social Work, 9(1), 5.
- Silvera, G.A., Haun, C.N. and Wolf, J.A. (2017). Patient Experience: The field and future. Patient Experience Journal (PXJ), 4(1), 7-22.
- Haun, C.N. Rocket Launching Leadership. Samford University - Leadership Lunch Series (2021)
- Silvera, G.A., Haun, C.N. Technology About Me Without Me: An Examination of the Relationship between Patient-facing Health Information Technology and Patient Evaluations of the Interpersonal Care Experience. Organizational Theory in Health Care Association Conference (2021)
- Davey, K. S., Haun, C.N. Embedding Undergraduate Research in a Healthcare Administration Program Using a Course-Based Approach. AUPHA Annual Conference (2021)
- Haun, C.N., Mahafza, Z. Current Challenges & Current Solutions: An Online Discussion, ASPA Alabama Chapter Meeting (2020)
- Haun, C.N., Ratcliffe, C.J., Robbins, D.E., Davey, K. S., Kinnerson, L., McCay, D. Obstacles & Opportunities: Leveraging Interprofessional Collaboration & the QM Rubric to Design & Deliver Health Administration Programs Amid COVID-19. Samford University Mini-Conference (2020)
- Haun, C.N. Golden Key New Member Recognition Event Keynote Speaker (2019)
- Fisk, J.M., Silvera, G.A., Morris, J.C., Chen, X., Chen, X., Crayton, M., Haun, C.N. Diversity and City Hall. Auburn University - College of Liberal Arts - Diversity Research Symposium. Auburn, AL (2019)
- Haun, C.N. Examining the Influence of Proximal Density to Nurse School Location on Quality of Care Outcomes in United States Hospitals. Southeastern Conference for Public Administration (SECoPA). Baton Rouge, LA (2019)
- Haun, C.N. Examining the Influence of Proximal Density to Nurse Education Resources on Quality of Care Outcomes. Academy of Management (AoM). Boston, MA (2019)