School of Public Health
Department of Health Informatics and Information Management
Office: CHS Building 1 1593
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., computer engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- M.S.E.E., University of Alabama at Birmingham
- B.S., computer engineering, LeTourneau University
Healthcare informatics, biospecimen informatics, data science, machine learning, software engineering, software ecosystems, semantic web, concept maps
Awards and Honors
- Seng-jaw Soong Award for Excellence in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research, 2013
- Outstanding Service to the Society for Design and Process Science, 2012
- Outstanding Graduate Student Engineer of the Year, 2010-2011
- D. E. Robbins, H. F. Neumeier, and J. A. Galdo, “A Roadmap for Increasing Healthcare Provider Empathy Through Virtual Reality Experiences,” presented at SDPS 2016, Orlando, 2016.
- D.E. Robbins, J. A. Croker, and R. P. Kimberly, “TissueHub: Digitally Federated Biorepositories Facilitating Biospecimen Collaboration,” presented at Translational Science 2015, Washington, DC, 2015.
- D. E. Robbins, A. Grüneberg, H. F. Deus, M. M. Tanik, and J. S. Almeida, “TCGA Toolbox: an Open Web App Framework for Distributing Big Data Analysis Pipelines for Cancer Genomics,” presented at the BCB '13, Washington, DC, 2013, pp. 1–8.
- D. E. Robbins, A. Grueneberg, M. M. Tanik, H. F. Deus, and J. S. Almeida, “A Self-Updated Roadmap of the Cancer Genome Atlas,” Bioinformatics, 2013.