Thank you for your enthusiasm and support of the developing Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Samford University. Our program is rooted in the mission of nurturing persons and serving others. It takes experienced physical therapists like you dedicated to the mission to prepare the next generation of physical therapists. Here are a few resources to help you:
- CSIF: It is necessary for us to maintain a Clinical Site Information Form (CSIF) on file for each affiliated site. This service is free to you. Students will find the CSIF valuable for orienting to sites and it is a useful tool for the faculty when arranging placements. To begin or perform an annual review of your facility’s CSIF, you may log on using this link. Please notify me if you do not have a log in username/password.
- CPI: The CPI web will be used for student evaluations. If there are CIs using this tool for the first time, we ask that you complete the APTA web training.
Note: If you used the CPI as a student, you need an updated account in CPI Web to evaluate as a CI. We can help. Let me know if you do not have a log in username/password for CPI Web or CSIF.
Participating in APTA and the Alabama Chapter is a great way to be engaged as clinical faculty. We also ask that Clinical Instructors have at a minimum one year of experience as a licensed physical therapist.
The faculty will be engaged in on-going assessment of the program. Our hope is that you find our students are well prepared for the professional internships and your physical therapist practice. We appreciate receiving feedback.
Thank you for your support of our program and commitment to clinical education.Dana Daniel Blake, PT, DPT, OCS, MTC
Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education
205-726-4884 | office
205-960-2861 | cell
Links to Resources
- Clinical Performance Instrument (CPI): PowerPoint
- Clinical Performance Instrument (CPI): Quick Start Training
- Clinical Performance Instrument (CPI): Login
- Clinical Site Information Form (CSIF)
- Physical Therapist Student Evaluation (PTSE1) Clinical Experience and (PTSE2) Clinical Instruction Form
- APTA Learning Center
- APTA Resources: Interventions only by PT
- APTA Resources: The Role of Techs in PT
- APTA Resources: Provision of Service by Student PT
- Samford Physical Therapy Clinical Faculty Rights
- APTA Direct Access for PT Map
- Alabama Board of Physical Therapy: Practice Act
- Alabama Board of Physical Therapy: Administrative Code
- Alabama Board of Physical Therapy: Licensing
- Alabama Chapter of APTA
- Video Tour of Samford University College of Health Science
- Virtual Tour of Samford University School of Health Professions and Doctor of Physical Therapy Department
- Video Tour of Samford University's Experiential Learning and Simulation Center