Program Goal 1
Prepare graduates who are competent for entry-level practice as registered dietitians/nutritionists (RDN) in all core competencies and in the concentration area of community nutrition and public health.
Program objectives for goal 1
- At Least 80% of interns will complete the program within 24 months (150% of the 16-month program duration.
- For graduates seeking employment, 80% will receive employment in the field of nutrition and dietetics or related field within 12 months of program completion.
- At least 80% of graduates over a seven-year period will take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian/nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- At least 80% of graduates over a five-year period will pass the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian/nutritionists within one year following the first attempt.
- At least 75% of employers who respond to a survey on program graduates in their first year of employment will rate them as “above average” on professional knowledge and skills expected in entry-level dietitians.
- On the alumni survey one-year post program completion, at least 80% of graduates will rate themselves as ‘satisfied’ or above with their ability to perform entry-level RDN competencies in their work.
Program Goal 2
Prepare entry-level dietitian nutritionists who are able to work with health care team and individuals from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.
Program objectives for goal 2
- One year after program completion, 80% of graduating interns will report the internship experience improved their skills in delivering information, products, and/or services to a culturally diverse population
- One year after program completion, 80% of graduating interns will report the internship experience improved their skills in working with health care team members.
Program Goal 3
Produce graduates who are confident leaders capable of effective advocacy and beneficial service on behalf of the community and the dietetics profession at-large.
Program objectives for goal 3
- At completion of program, at least 80% of graduating interns will indicate improvement in their leadership ability.
- At completion of program, at least 80% of graduating interns will indicate improvement in their advocacy skills.