Ida Moffett School of Nursing is proud to be the only school in Alabama offering a true online associate degree in nursing to master's degree in nursing program in which you do not earn a bachelor's degree. Through the ADN/ASN to M.S.N. option, the school of nursing provides experienced registered nurses who currently hold an associate of science in nursing or a hospital diploma with the opportunity to earn an M.S.N. through a nontraditional path. The ADN/ASN to M.S.N. program begins once each year in January.
The ADN/ASN to M.S.N. option consists of five bridge courses, which can be completed in two semesters. Successful completion of all five bridge courses must be accomplished in order to progress to the M.S.N. core courses. When taken full time and in sequence, the ADN/ASN to M.S.N. option takes eight semesters to complete. General education courses may be completed at another university and then transferred to Samford prior to enrolling in the ADN/ASN to M.S.N. program.
ADN/ASN to M.S.N. students:
- Earn an M.S.N. degree online in seven semesters
- Participate in cutting edge, web-based learning with clinical and practicum experiences close to home
- Access all coursework and resources anywhere, anytime from any internet-connected electronic device
- Receive personal attention from caring and supportive Samford faculty and advisors
- Experience a rich tradition of high academic standards and quality education practice
- Visit Samford's beautiful campus in Birmingham, Alabama, for required sessions during the program
Admission Requirements & Criteria
ADN/ASN to M.S.N. Admission Deadline
Entry month: May 2020
Slate Application Deadline: January 1, 2020
ADN/ASN to M.S.N. Admission Criteria
ADN/ASN to M.S.N. applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse
- Associate of Science in Nursing from CNEA or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited program or hospital diploma and regionally accredited program
- Completion of a minimum of 72 hours of college credit
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in nursing courses
- A video submission (a link to this site will be provided after application has been submitted)
- Completion of required general education prerequisites
- If accepted, a non-refundable fee of $750 is required to secure admission into the program. This fee is applied to the first semester's tuition.
- Should any of the above conditions not be met, the applicant may be considered on an individual basis.
ADN/ASN to M.S.N. Application Process
Applications to the RN to M.S.N. program are submitted online through Slate.