Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
Called to Serve Through Dynamic Leadership
The healthcare industry continues to see the largest job demand increase. Healthcare administrators are needed within a variety of organizations. With potential careers in hospitals, nursing homes, outpatient centers, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, non-profit organizations and the government, healthcare administrators are able to lead organizations impacting healthcare in a variety of different ways. A degree in healthcare administration will allow students to pursue a viable career through many different opportunities.
The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Healthcare Administration is designed to prepare students to serve in entry-level management positions. The degree provides students a foundation in business, leadership and interpersonal skills nurturing a patient-centered focus. The program is uniquely focused on nurturing servant leaders who have a global leadership perspective and a call to serve the community through dynamic leadership. The curriculum is designed to provide competency in communication, leadership, professionalism, business knowledge and healthcare systems.
- Low student to teacher ratio in the classroom
- Interdisciplinary approach to healthcare administration issues
- Highly skilled and educated faculty who are readily available to you
- Mission trip and study abroad opportunities
- A commitment to serve the community
- A rigorous and practical curriculum designed to meet the healthcare management workforce needs
Prospective students must apply for admission to Samford University. We cannot issue an I-20 for this program at this time.
In order to progress in the undergraduate program in healthcare administration, the student must:
- Have a completed Health Data Record (with all required immunizations) updated annually and on file in the Health Administration department.
- Test negative on drug screens and pass background checks.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above on all coursework.
- Make a grade of C or better in each required HA course. Note: A grade of C- or lower constitutes a failure in all required HA course.
- A student will be allowed to take a failed HA course one additional time, but must make greater than a C- for a passing grade.
- A student who fails (C- or lower) HA courses will be terminated from the healthcare administration program.
Healthcare Administration graduates:
- Identify major healthcare issues for U.S. and global health systems;
- Demonstrate lifelong learning by staying abreast of current events, trends, and discoveries in healthcare management;
- Understand business principles and practices necessary to deliver quality healthcare;
- Apply servant leadership characteristics and attributes;
- Demonstrate the highest professional and ethical standards;
- Use communication, interpersonal problem-solving and conflict resolution skills effectively in inter-professional teams;
- Understand healthcare issues that affect different segments of the healthcare patient population; and
- Perform acts of service that demonstrate a commitment to Christian values and principles.
Samford University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.