Heidi Callighan, Ph.D., R.N.
Ida Moffett School of Nursing
Office: CHS Building 1 1561A
Phone: 205-726-4321Heidi Callighan came to Samford University as a non-traditional, second-degree student and found her purpose. "Behind these gates is God's perfect purpose for my life. He meant for me to be a nurse," she said. "It is my passion to teach nursing and connect students with their purpose in life, nursing. I am blessed to teach in an environment that builds the whole student and focuses on the total wellness of each patient." Callighan marvels at watching the students in their first clinical nursing course evolve from being afraid to enter a patient room in the clinical setting to confident men and women who walk into a room and provide care. "Knowing that I had a small, small part in their growth is tremendously rewarding."
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., nursing education and administration, William Carey University
- M.S.N., nursing education, Samford University
- B.S.N., Samford University
- B.A., minor in health services administration, University of Central Florida
- Certified Pediatric Nurse
- Pediatrics, pediatric hematology/oncology and palliative/end-of-life care
- National League for Nursing Ambassador Counselor
- Gamma Eta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau Member
- Church of the Highlands