Sherri H. Chatman, D.N.P., FNP-BC
Ida Moffett School of Nursing
Degrees and Certifications
- DNP, Samford University
- MSN, Samford University
- BSN, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Awards and Honors
- Living Legacy Award Recipient, Ida Moffett School of Nursing, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama - 2012
- 2nd Place Poster Award, Biennial Region 8, Sigma Theta Tau Conference, Gamma Lambda Chapter, Hattiesburg, Mississippi - 2010
- Scholarship Recipient, Birmingham Regional Organization of Nurse Leaders - 2008
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
Special Considerations in Pain Management. Presented at Palliative Care Conference: A Holistic Approach to Care, Hamilton, Alabama, April 2015.
Senegal, West Africa Mission Trip 2014. Presented to Women's Missionary Union (WMU), Hunter Street Baptist Church, Hoover, Alabama, March 2014.
I Know It is Pain, How Do I Fix It? Presented at Palliative Care Conference, Florence, Alabama, September 2013.
I Know It is Pain, How Do I Fix It? Presented at Palliative Care Conference, Muscle Shoals, Alabama, April 2013.
A Guide to Dementia. Presented at Palliative Care Conference, McCalla, Alabama, October 2012.
Sherri Chatman, a native of Heflin, Alabama, has been a clinical adjunct in the nurse practitioner program for the Ida Moffett School of Nursing since 2009. Her professional interests include pediatrics and end of life care. Her personal interests include serving on domestic and international mission trips, serving in various ministries at her church, reading, outdoor activities, and spending time with her family. Sherri and her husband Jerome, a small-business owner, have three grown sons, Gregory (Nicole), Ian and Myles.