Sherri Chatman, a native of Heflin, Alabama, has been a fulltime faculty member in the nurse practitioner program for Moffett & Sanders School of Nursing since 2017. Her professional interests include pediatrics and end of life care. Her personal interests include serving on domestic and international mission trips, serving in various ministries at her church, reading, outdoor activities and spending time with her family. Sherri and her husband Jerome, a small-business owner, have three young adult sons, Gregory, Ian and Myles and one grandson.
Degrees and Certifications
- D.N.P., Samford University
- M.S.N., Samford University
- B.S.N., University of Alabama at Birmingham
Awards and Honors
- Fellowship Recipient, Frances Marlin Mann Center, Samford University,Birmingham, Alabama, 2018.
- Living Legacy Award Recipient, Ida Moffett School of Nursing, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 2012
- 2nd Place Poster Award, Biennial Region 8, Sigma Theta Tau Conference, Gamma Lambda Chapter, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 2010
- Scholarship Recipient, Birmingham Regional Organization of Nurse Leaders, 2008
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Chatman, S. (2013, March 4). My Father’s Beautiful Death [Web blog post].
- Chatman, S. (in press). Turning mourning into joy. Journal of Christian Nursing.
- Chatman, S., & Wynn, S. (in press). An outsider within: Teaching intercultural communication. Journal of Christian Nursing.
- Nurse Practitioner Students Becoming Culturally Competent: Utilizing Transcultural Nursing Theory. Presented at King International Nursing Group, Washington, D.C., November 2019.
- Meeting a Health Care Need for the Uninsured in Alabama. Presented at the ASNA 2019 Annual Convention, Point Clear, Alabama, September 2019.
- Meeting a Health Care Need for the Uninsured in Alabama. Presented at Alabama Rural Health Association 2019 Annual Conference, Prattville, Alabama, April 2019.
- On Mission for Malaria: An Educational Guide. Presented at the 95th Annual Meeting Alabama Academy of Science, Birmingham, Alabama, March 2018.
- Special Considerations in Pain Management. Presented at Palliative Care Conference: A Holistic Approach to Care, Hamilton, Alabama, April 2015.
- Senegal, West Africa Mission Trip 2014. Presented to Women's Missionary Union (WMU), Hunter Street Baptist Church, Hoover, Alabama, March 2014.
- I Know It is Pain, How Do I Fix It? Presented at Palliative Care Conference, Florence, Alabama, September 2013.
- I Know It is Pain, How Do I Fix It? Presented at Palliative Care Conference, Muscle Shoals, Alabama, April 2013.
- A Guide to Dementia. Presented at Palliative Care Conference, McCalla, Alabama, October 2012.