Degrees and Certifications
- D.N.P., advanced practice track, additional education focus, Samford University
- M.S.N., family nurse practitioner, Samford University
- B.S.N., Samford University
- A.S.N., Samford University
- Family Nurse Practitioner, American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Certified Online Instructor (C.O.I.)
- Adult health
- Pain management
- Medical missions
- Service learning
- Interprofessional education
- Nursing education
Collins, A., Hess, A., Hallman, M., Johnson, K., Harris, L., Petty, A., & Roussel, L. (2022). DNP team projects: A reflection of team science. Journal of Doctor of Nursing Practice, 15(2), 123-128. DOI:10.1891/JDNP-2021-0021
Pan, K. & Collins, A. (2020). Exploratory descriptive analysis of opioid prescribing prevalence of nurse practitioners and the specialties associated with the top prescribers. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 26:e12850.DOI: 10.1111/ijn.12850
Collins, A., Broeseker, A., Cunningham, J., Cortes, C., Beall, J., Bigham, A., & Chang, J. (2017). A longitudinal online interprofessional education experience involving family nurse practitioner students and pharmacy students. Journal of Interprofessional Care. DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2016.1255600
Collins, A., Broeseker, A., Cunningham, J., Cortes, C., Beall, J., Bigham, A., & Chang, J. (in press). A longitudinal online interprofessional education experience involving family nurse practitioner students and pharmacy students. Journal of Interprofessional Care
Collins, A. & Shanahan, T. (2022, July 24). Innovative course design to measure and advance cultural intelligence in family nurse practitioner students. Sigma's 33rd International Nursing Research Congress. Edinburgh, Scotland.
Collins, A. (2021, November 12). Evidence-based evaluation and treatment of Vitamin D status. Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama 15th Annual Conference. Birmingham, AL.
Collins, A. (2019, October 4). Clinical Application of the 2018 Multi-Society Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol. Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama Annual Conference. Birmingham, AL.
Collins, A. & Iranikhah, M. (2017, April 21). Ethical Pain Management in the Aging Population. Healthcare Ethics and Law Institute annual conference. Birmingham, AL.
- Bigham, A., Collins, A. (2013). Internal Samford University Technology Grant. Improving Nurse Practitioner Student Recognition and Management of Abnormal Physical Findings Through the Use of Standardized Patients and Technology.
- Collins, A., Whisenant, D. Holston, J. (2013). Internal Samford University Faculty Development Grant. A Comparison of Magnesium vs. Melatonin for Improved Sleep Quality and Quantity.
- Alabama League for Nursing, president
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Annual Honuras mission trips since 2000, medical director
Awards and Honors
- Community Foundation Grant, Chandler Mountain Farm Worker Projects, Collins, A., Cortes, C., & Shelton, L., 2015
- Pan, K. & Collins, A. (2019). Application of Data Analytics to Christian Health Mission Trips. William E. and Wylodine F. Hull Fund for Christian Scholarship. $9000
- Cunningham, J., Bigham, A., McMichael, S., Johnston, K., Shelton, L., Martin, J., Hayne, A., Collins, A., & Holston, J. (2016). Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship Grant. $350,000 for 1 year.
- Collins, A., Shelton, L., & Cortes, C. (2015). 1 year grant from Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham. Chandler Mountain Migrant Farm Worker Projects. $10,000