Dr. Moniaree Jones serves as assistant professor of nursing in Samford University's Ida Moffett School of Nursing and part-time legal nurse consultant. Prior to assuming her current positions, she worked as assistant professor at Auburn University at Montgomery, and as a legal nurse consultant with the law firms of Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, and Haskell, Slaughter, Young, and Rediker. She also worked previously as a case manager and an occupational health nurse in a large commodities chemical plant in Louisiana. Jones possesses experience in psychiatric, emergency room nursing and public health. She is a published journal and book chapter author with her latest publication on The Lived Experience of Chronic Pain In Nurse Educators. She is also a frequent lecturer and guest speaker.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ed.D., instructional leadership, nurse educator, University of Alabama
- M.S.N., case management, University of Alabama
- B.S.N., University of Alabama
- A.D.N., Troy University
Awards and Honors
- Master's in Nursing Writer's Award, 2008
- Most Outstanding Graduate Student, Sigma Theta Tau, 2007
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society, 2006
- Golden Key Honor Society, 2006
- College of Continuing Studies Robert Barksdale Scholarships, 2006-2013
- Langham, G., Jones, M., Terry, A. (2017) Transforming future nurses through simulation in mental health nursing. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 7(4) doi:10.5430/xyz.vlnlpl.
- Poster Presentation to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association entitled: Teaching Nursing Students About Autism Using Movies and Simulation. Presented October 19-22, 2016 Hartford, CT.
- Podium Presentation at FACES Alabama State Nurses Association Annual Conference April 12, 2016 entitled: Hearing Voices: A nursing simulation
- Presentation to Samford University Parent Academy September 30, 2016 on Hearing Voices Simulation in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Hearing Voices qualitative research grant, 2016
- American Association of Psychiatric Nurses, member
- Alabama Coalition of Nursing Organizations, past-president
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Case Management Society of America
- Central Alabama Occupational Health Nurses Association