Degrees and Certifications
D.N.A.P., Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia
M.S., in nurse anesthesia, Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia
B.S.N., Western Kentucky University
A.D.N., Western Kentucky University
CRNA, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
APN, ACLS, PALS, CITI, CCRN
Awards and Honors
- Sigma Theta Tau, Kappa Theta Chapter
- Kappa Delta Sorority, Executive Board, served as Rush Chairman and Chaplain, Western Kentucky University
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Tennessee Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- 2002- Served as fundraising chairman for Murfreesboro Medical Alliance, chaired the Christmas Charity Auction. Served also in the annual initiative for sexual education in schools through thenMedical Alliance in Murfreesboro and Rutherford County
- Among the founding members of Redeemer Classical Academy, a K-12 Christian school, in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
2016 - Speaker at the Tennessee Association of Nurse Anesthetists (TANA) annual convention on Post Dural Puncture Headaches
Factors Associated with a Decreased Incidence and Severity of Post-Dural Puncture Headache in Obstetric Patients: A Protocol Development
Ledbetter's nursing career began in 1984 when she graduated from Western Kentucky University and moved to Nashville to work in the ICU. This is where she was exposed to nurse anesthesia. She went on to gain employment with Anesthesia Medical Group in 1988 as a registered nurse and eventually as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist. Her primary practice area is obstetric anesthesia where she gets to see God’s miracle of creation on a daily basis.
Ledbetter returned to obtain her doctorate degree because of her love of learning. She was introduced to Ida Moffett School of Nursing when she had some of the nurse anesthesia students at her clinical practice site. She was impressed that they were so professional and prepared. However, It was not until her husband and son visited Samford on a college tour that she began to learn more about the university. From there, God took over. As she researched the university, she became more and more impressed. On one of her visits to Samford’s website, she saw an opening for an instructor in the Department of Nurse Anesthesia and applied. As they say, the rest is history.
Ledbetter's hope is to train up the next generation of anesthesia providers to be caring, compassionate, professionals who maintain a love of learning. She is married to Bill and has two sons Will and Wesley.