Samford University's Ida Moffett School of Nursing prepares advanced practice nurses to deliver primary health care to individuals and families throughout their lives. Nurse practitioners are growing in importance as the entire industry looks for innovations that improve outcomes while also reducing overall costs.
Ida Moffett School of Nursing offers a FNP post-graduate APRN certificate for licensed nurse practitioners who have a graduate nursing degree. Applications to this certificate program are considered on an individual basis following a gap analysis to guide the applicant's placement in the program. Completion of this certificate program prepares you to sit for the FNP national certification exam with either the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Work in diverse practice settings providing comprehensive primary health care to all age groups
- Diagnose and manage common acute and chronic health problems as an interdisciplinary health care team member
- Write prescriptions and order diagnostic tests
- Apply a holistic, evidence-based, family-centered approach to care
- Promote quality health care and improve clinical outcomes of patients
- Emphasize health promotion and disease prevention
August 1 for Spring entry in January
- Graduate degree in nursing from CCNE, CNEA, or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited program
- Active unencumbered nursing license
- A video submission
- Cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- International applicants (applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent residents) must contact the director of graduate student services for detailed program requirements
- American citizens or Permanent Residents who learned English as a second language must score at least 575 (paper) or 90 (internet) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- If accepted, a non-refundable fee of $750 is required to secure admission into the program. This fee is applied to the first semester's tuition
- Should any of the above conditions not be met, the applicant may be considered on an individual basis
Plan of Study
Plan of Study will be based on a GAP Analysis review of former transcripts.
Financial aid is not available for certificate programs.
- Earn a certificate online without having to relocate
- Participate in cutting edge, web-based learning with clinical experiences close to home
- Access all coursework and resources anywhere, anytime and from any internet-connected electronic device
- Complete clinical hours in a variety of settings across the United States
- Receive instruction from experienced nurse practitioners and physicians who are dedicated to excellent patient care and student education
- Receive close, personal attention from highly educated and experienced faculty who are readily available to you
- Experience a rich tradition of high academic standards and quality education practices