Moffett & Sanders School of Nursing offers an Emergency Nurse Practitioner certificate for licensed family nurse practitioners (FNP) who already have a graduate nursing degree. Completion of this ENP certificate program prepares you to sit for the ENP national certification exam with AANPCB.
- Earn a certificate online without having to relocate
- Participate in cutting edge, web-based learning with clinical experiences close to home
- Access all coursework and resources anywhere, anytime and from any internet-connected electronic device
- Complete clinical hours in a variety of settings across the United States
- Receive instruction from experienced nurse practitioners and physicians who are dedicated to excellent patient care and student education
- Receive close, personal attention from highly educated and experienced faculty who are readily available to you
- Experience a rich tradition of high academic standards and quality education practices
- Obtain specialty certification as an emergency nurse practitioner (ENP) through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) that will recognize your expertise in emergency care
- Expand your practice beyond primary care to include urgent care facilities and hospital-based emergency departments
- Lead an interdisciplinary team in urgent care, fast track, and emergency practice settings
- Deliver evidence-based care across the lifespan for common acute health conditions and exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Function as a provider in the care of patients with life-threatening, traumatic injuries in pre-hospital, emergency department, and emergency transport settings
- Contribute to the health care system as a specialist in emergency care cost-containment and resource utilization
- Provide care congruent with the Emergency Nurses Association Competencies for Nurse Practitioners in Emergency Care
- Increase your marketability as a provider in an ever-changing health care climate
Application DeadlineApplication Opens: January 1, 2020
Application Closes: October 1, 2020
Spring Entry Month: January, 2021
- Graduate degree in nursing from CCNE, CNEA, or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited program
- Hold current national certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Active unencumbered nursing license
- Emergency department or critical care experience preferred
- A video submission
- Cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
- International applicants (applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent residents) must contact the director of graduate student services for detailed program requirements
- American citizens or Permanent Residents who learned English as a second language must score at least 575 (paper) or 90 (internet) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- If accepted, a non-refundable fee of $750 is required to secure admission into the program. This fee is applied to the first semester's tuition
- Should any of the above conditions not be met, the applicant may be considered on an individual basis
- Transcripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to: Moffett & Sanders School of Nursing Graduate Student Services
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
- Three letters of recommendation – two professional (at least one supervisor) and one academic
- Personal statement indicating career plans and likelihood of success in graduate study
- Professional resume
Plan of Study
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for in-state and out-of-state students is $888 per credit hour. Tuition may be paid online or at Samford One Stop, and must be paid by the first day of each semester/term. Policies and methods for tuition and fee payment can be found in the Samford University catalog and the Samford One Stop website.
Fees are automatically generated following registration. For a full list of university, school and course fees please view our; graduate fees worksheet.
The following additional fees are applicable for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Background check – cost varies by state
- Ess compliance account - $70
Financial assistance is not available for certificate programs.