This option is for applicants who previously earned an M.S.N. and now desire to complete a practice doctorate (D.N.P.) and become eligible to sit for national FNP certification.
Would you like to expand or change your advanced practice nursing role?
Are you interested in an area that is not the specialization obtained for your M.S.N. degree?
Our Post-master’s Advanced Practice FNP offers the opportunity for you to build upon your clinical skills and knowledge, allowing you to become a family nurse practitioner while earning your D.N.P. degree.
D.N.P., Family Nurse Practitioner, Admission Criteria
- Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse
- Master's degree from a CCNE, CNEA or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) and regionally accredited program in the area of family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Master's degree cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A video interview submission (a link to this site will be provided after application has been submitted)
- American citizens or permanent residents who learned English as a second language must score at least 575 (paper) or 90 (internet) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- If accepted, a non-refundable fee of $750 is required to secure admission to the program. This fee is applied to the first semester's tuition.
- Should any of the above conditions not be met, the applicant may be considered on an individual basis
Applications to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program are submitted online through Slate.
Transcripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
Office of Admission
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
Plan of Study
Based on transcript review.
Tuition and Fees