Dr. Archie Lockamy, III, is currently The Margaret Gage Bush Professor of Business at Samford University, Birmingham, Ala. With more than 25 years of experience in industry and academia, Dr. Lockamy has held a variety of responsible positions.
Prior to his academic career, Dr. Lockamy held various engineering and managerial positions with DuPont, Procter and Gamble, and TRW. A list of journals that Dr. Lockamy has published in is below. He also has written for other prestigious journals. In addition, he is the author of the book Global Logistics: Managing The Product-Delivery System, and co-author of the book Re-engineering Performance Measurement: How To Align Systems To Improve Processes, Products and Profits.
Dr. Lockamy served on the Board of Examiners for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award via appointment by the United States Department of Commerce from 1997 through 2002. He also served as Vice President of the Board of Directors of the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) Educational and Research Foundation. Dr. Lockamy is recognized as a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM) by APICS, and is certified as an Academic Jonah by The Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Operations Management, University of Georgia
- M.B.A., Finance and Quantitative Methods, Atlanta University Graduate School of Business
- B.ChE., Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Manufacturing/Service Operations; Quality Management; Supply Chain Management; Performance Measurement Systems; Process Improvement in Health Care Organizations
Awards and Honors
- Margaret Gage Bush Professor of Business
- International Journal of Production Research
- International Journal of Production Economics
- International Journal of Logistics Management
- International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management
- Production and Inventory Management Journal
- International Journal of Operations and Production Management
- Industrial Management and Data Systems
- Forum Empresarial
- Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- Journal of Systems Improvement