Jennings B. Marshall has taught in Samford University’s Brock School of Business for the past 33 years. In addition to his role as a professor of economics, Marshall is the president of Marshall Hendon Minter & Associates Inc., a consulting firm which has worked for a number of major firms in the Birmingham area, including AmSouth Bank, Baptist Health Care System, Protective Life and Hanna Steel. Marshall is an expert witness and has testified in hundreds of wrongful death cases as an expert on lost future income. Prior to coming to Samford, he taught for nine years at Tennessee Technological University.
In 2013, Marshall was honored by the Samford Interfraternity Council as “Faculty of the Year" and in 2010, Samford created the “Jennings B. Marshall Service Award,” given annually to a member of the faculty in recognition for significant sustained contribution of service to the university. Marshall received the “John H. Buchanan Award for Excellence in Classroom Teaching,” Samford's university-wide Outstanding Faculty Award, in 1990, and the university-wide Outstanding Faculty Award from Tennessee Technological University in 1983.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.A., Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- B.S., math and economics, Kentucky Southern College
- Business statistics, economics, personal finance, case writing
- Wrongful death and injury; personal finance; statistics
Awards and Honors
- Faculty of the Year, Samford University Interfraternity Council, 2013
- Jennings B. Marshall Service Award, Samford University, 2010
- John A. Buchanan Award for Excellence in Class Room Teaching, Samford University, 1990
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Tennessee Technological University, 1983