Jennings B. Marshall
Professor of Economics
Brock School of Business
Department of Economics Finance and Quantitative Analysis
For the past 26 years Dr. Jennings Marshall has taught at Samford University’s Brock School of Business in Birmingham, Alabama. He is a Professor of Economics, as well as President of Marshall, Hendon, Minter & Associates, Inc., a consulting firm which has worked for a number of major firms in the Birmingham area, including AmSouth Bank, Baptist Health Care System, Protective Life and Hanna Steel. Marshall also is an expert witness and has testified in hundreds of wrongful death cases as an expert on lost future income. Prior to coming to Samford he taught nine years at Tennessee Technological University.
Samford University honored Marshall in 2010 with the creation of the “Jennings B. Marshall Service Award,” given annually to a member of the faculty in recognition for significant sustained contribution of service to the University.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.A., Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- B.S., Math and Economics, Kentucky Southern College
- Business Statistics, Economics, Personal Finance, Case Writing
- Wrongful Death and Injury; Personal Finance; Statistics
Awards and Honors
- Jennings B. Marshall Service Award, Samford University
- John A. Buchanan Award for Excellence in Class Room Teaching, Samford University
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Tennessee Technological University