Associate Professor of Finance
Brock School of Business
Department of Economics Finance and Quantitative Analysis
Office: 325 Cooney Hall
Degrees and Certifications
- University of Alabama, Ph.D., Finance
- Auburn University at Montgomery, M.B.A., Finance
- U.S. Air Force Academy, B.S., Economics & Operations Research
- Financial Markets & Institutions; Investments; Portfolio Management; Financial Planning; Corporate Financial Analysis; Financial Risk; Management/Derivatives; Treasury Management; Banking
- Yerkes, R.T. 2020. “Advisors Guide to the Organization of a Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF)”. In Student-Managed Investment Funds: Organization, Policy and Portfolio Management, 2nd Edition, Brian Bruce, Academic Press.
- Yerkes, R.T. “The Art and Science of Student Managed Investment Portfolios.” The Journal of Trading 13 (1), Winter 2017.
- Yerkes, R.T., with Eli Sherrill. "Municipal Disclosure Timeliness and the Cost of Debt." The Financial Review 53 (1), February 2018, pp. 51-86.
- Yerkes, R.T., with D. Sonius and K. Westhues. "VC Contract Design: Development State, Bargaining Power and the Classification of Early-Cycle Companies." The Journal of Private Equity 20 (4), Fall 2017, 36-46.
- Yerkes, R.T., with Lauren Bates and Sara Helms McCarty. “How Do Municipal Bonds Behave without Tax-Exemption?” The Journal of Investing, 25 (4), Winter 2016, 1-13.
- Yerkes, R.T., with David Sonius and Uwe Kehrel. “The Effect of Call Options on Exit Strategies in Private Equity Shareholder Agreements.” The Journal of Private Equity, 19 (1), Winter 2015, 41-52.
- Yerkes, R.T. "Regulatory Trading Restrictions, Overvaluation and Insider Selling." The Journal of Trading, 7 (3), Summer 2012, 85-102.
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) 2015
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) 2005
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) 2003