The Academic Programs Office must receive each item on this checklist for an application to be considered complete. To check the status of application items, login to your application account.
For an application to be considered complete, we must receive all of the following:
- Online application for admission: Please be sure to list your personal e-mail address on the application. If you are working with a recruiter, please list the recruiter’s e-mail address on the application. By listing an international recruiter’s e-mail address on the application, the student authorizes Samford to release information related to admission and the visa application process to that agency.
- $35 Application Fee: This non-refundable fee is payable by credit card and is waived for Samford alumni, and current Samford students, faculty or staff.
- Official Transcript(s) from all accredited higher education institutions attended: Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact. Transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. A transcript evaluation from a NACES approved evaluation agency is required for applicants with a degree from a non-U.S. institution. WES is the recommended evaluation agency.
- Professional Resume: You will attach this to the online application.
- Personal Statement: Your essay should describe the three experiences that have been most significant in shaping your future personal and career goals and explain how obtaining a business degree at the Brock School of Business will assist you in reaching your goals.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Scores: International applicants must score at least a 90 on the TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS to be eligible for admission. Please request that your official scores be sent directly to Brock School of Business from the testing agency.
- Financial Affidavit: Please contact Jennifer Beck, International Student Coordinator, for a financial affidavit. A sufficient, original bank statement must accompany the form. The completed form and bank statement should be mailed to the address below.
- International Student Application Addendum: Please contact Jennifer Beck, International Student Coordinator, for application addendum. A copy of your passport (and visa if applicable) must accompany this form and should be mailed to the address below.
Mailing AddressSamford University
Brock School of Business
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229