This program is not currently enrolling new students.
Within the Department of Educational Leadership, the Master of Science in Educational Leadership: Policy, Organizations and Leadership is designed for professionals interested in advancing their careers and learning to lead with purpose. Through dynamic curriculum and practical content application, students gain an in-depth understanding of education operation functions and strengthen leadership skills.
Orlean Beeson School of Education graduate courses are designed with the professional in mind. Courses are held in the evenings and curriculum is completed within 18 months. The Educational Leadership: Policy, Organizations and Leadership program also provides strong relationships through small class sizes.
Objectives and Curriculum
Graduates of the Educational Leadership: Policy, Organizations and Leadership program will possess an understanding and ability to complete the following:
- Direct educational improvement and create a positive climate, changing curriculum and effective instructional practices to increase learner success.
- Acquire knowledge and skills from theories, research and current practices related to governance and policy in educational systems.
- Lead efforts of conflict resolution, consensus building and group processes.
- Direct proper allocation of resources with a priority of teaching, learning, student achievement and student development.
- Understand the factors driving change to innovation in education and develop strategies for building organizational capacity for innovation.
The curriculum requirement for the program is 30 credit hours. Students must have a 3.00 or higher cumulative GPA at Orlean Beeson School of Education to graduate. Please view our full list of completion requirements.
For more information about the graduate courses and electives offered at Orlean Beeson School of Education, please visit the Orlean Beeson School of Education section of the Samford University Catalog.
Is This Program for Me?
Are you interested in nurturing your leadership skills? This program will help you enhance your skills and your career while gaining a new outlook and making a positive influence in organizations. Join this program and be pushed to your greatest potential.
- Higher Education Professionals
- Nonprofit Professionals
- K-12 Involved Organizations
- Government Officials
- Business and Industry Professionals
- Alumni Relations
- Advancement Relations
- Event Relations