The online D.N.P. Emergency Nurse Practitioner option for master's-prepared family nurse practitioners is intended to prepare nurses to practice in emergency and urgent care settings. Graduates are educated to effectively advance the management of individuals, families and the population to improve the safety and quality of patient care. In addition to obtaining the D.N.P. degree outcomes, this option allows you the following opportunities:
- Obtain specialty certification as an emergency nurse practitioner (ENP) through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
- Expand your practice to include urgent care facilities and hospital-based emergency departments
- Provide care congruent with the Emergency Nurses Association Competencies for Nurse Practitioners in Emergency Care
- Increase your marketability as a provider with multiple certifications (FNP and ENP)
This program is completed in 24 months and is designed with flexibility in mind. Courses are offered online with minimal campus visits.
D.N.P., Emergency Nurse Practitioner, Admission Criteria
- Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse
- National certification as a family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Master's degree from a CCNE, CNEA or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) and regionally accredited program in the area of family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Master's degree cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A video interview submission (a link to this site will be provided after application has been submitted)
- American citizens or permanent residents who learned English as a second language must score at least 575 (paper) or 90 (internet) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- If accepted, a non-refundable fee of $750 is required to secure admission to the program. This fee is applied to the first semester's tuition.
- Should any of the above conditions not be met, the applicant may be considered on an individual basis
Applications to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program are submitted online through Slate.
Transcripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
Office of Admission
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229