In an economics career path, businesses are hiring research associates to analyze data. Entrepreneurs use data to help with their start-ups. Accountants need to compile data for clients. In management, data helps make hiring and recruitment decisions. Marketing professionals use data to help guide their campaigns. And, financial analysts use this knowledge to analyze data. Whichever major you go into, data analytics will be critically important in your career advancement.
The data analytics concentration prepares business majors for successful careers in this growing field. Students pursuing the concentration will:
- Gain a competitive advantage for business careers in the age of data
- Complete the concentration with a semester-long internship applying what they lerned in the courses
- Have access to the M. Chad Trull/Krowten Capital LLC Data and Sports Analytics Lab to work on their projects
- Be invited to attend recruiting events sponsored by companies in various business fields seeking to fill data analytics positions
- Complete three data analytics courses (12 hours) and an internship