Graduate Admission Requirements
The Brock School of Business welcomes applications from students and professionals with solid academic abilities and managerial potential.
Academic ability is evaluated on the basis of undergraduate and graduate academic records, a competitive score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and academic recognition. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to enrolling in the program. International applicants also should review our English proficiency requirements.
Managerial potential is evaluated on the basis of the applicant's work experience and professional recognition. Work experience is preferred, but not required. Involvement in continuing education and extracurricular, community and church activities are considered as part of the admission process.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. Applicants are informed of the application decision by email. Once an applicant is admitted to the program, he/she has an individual advising and orientation session with a graduate program advisor to review program information and policies as well as to determine the individual course plan of study.
English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
English courses are available for graduate students through the English Language Learner Institute (ELLI). Directly admitted students are required to take a business tutoring course through ELLI in their first semester and any subsequent semester they are not in good standing.
A student must meet both of the following requirements to be admitted directly to the business school:
- A GMAT verbal score above the 20th percentile
- A score of 90 on the iBT TOEFL with at least a 20 on each sub-sector or a 6.5 on the IELTS
English courses are offered in the following subjects:
- Academic Writing [Levels 1 - 4]
- Speaking and Listening [Levels 1 - 4]
- Grammar [Levels 1 - 4]
- Reading [Levels 1 - 4]
- Content Tutoring based on degree program will be required for students in their first semester of the graduate program and any subsequent semester they are not in good standing.
Completing ELLI Course Requirements
At the end of each semester, ELLI students will take an assessment test to determine the current level of English proficiency for future course placement.
Students wishing to exit the ELLI program will be assessed at midterm of the semester prior to exiting the program. At that point, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be in Level 4 on all areas of assessment (Grammar, Listening, Writing, Speaking)
- A score of 80% or above in all ESL classes·
- Fewer than 3 unexcused absences·
- A writing sample and interview approved by ESL instructors