Assistant Professor of Religion
Howard College of Arts and Sciences
Jennifer McClure is a sociologist of religion whose work focuses on religious congregations and leaders. She received her Ph.D. in Sociology from Penn State University. Her professional interests include religious leadership and organizations, prosocial behavior (volunteering, charitable giving, etc.), social psychology, social networks, and statistics. McClure consults with congregations and ministers, especially in the areas of strategic planning, congregational health, and preventing and responding to misconduct. She also serves as the Senior Associate for Congregational Resources at the Association of Religion Data Archives (www.thearda.com) and works closely with the Center for Congregational Resources at Samford University. Dr. McClure is a member of St. Symeon Orthodox Church.
Dr. McClure enjoys rock climbing, hiking, music, cycling, and gardening.
Congregational Resource Center at the Association of Religion Data Archives
Center for Congregational Resources at Samford University
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Sociology, Pennsylvania State University, 2015
- M.A., Sociology, Pennsylvania State University, 2012
- B.A., Sociology and Mathematics, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2010
- Religious Congregations and Leaders
- Sociology of Religion
- American Sociological Association
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
- Association for the Sociology of Religion
- Religious Research Association