Samford’s 2012 Church Media Institute (CMI) Aug. 1-2 is now discounted to $40 for the Aug. 1 Social Media pre-conference and $99 for the main conference Aug. 1-2. Samford students may attend the entire conference for $50. Registration includes meals.The institute, aimed primarily at church communication staff and volunteers, offers something for all levels of experience and interest, including sessions on social media, video ministry and up-to-date applications of a host of traditional and new media.
CMI session leader and keynote speaker Andy Crouch is a dynamic and creative musician, producer, minister, editor and author of Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling, winner of Christianity Today’s 2009 Book Award for Christianity and Culture and named one of the best books of 2008 by Publishers Weekly, Relevant, Outreach and Leadership.
Other scheduled CMI presenters include:
• Social media guru Ike Pigott, leading much of our Social Media pre-conference.
• Church media entrepreneur Bill Robbins, leading our Social Media pre-conference session on "WordPress: How to Own & Manage Your Web Content.”
• Public relations professional Jenny Schmitt, leading our breakout session on the demographic challenges of church media.
• Filmmaker and Lantern Vision founder Nathan Troost will help lead the CMI Video Ministry session the evening of Aug. 1.
• Public relations veteran Carl Carter, leading a breakout session on "Ethics and Law in Church Communications" at CMI.
• Public relations professional Kara Kennedy, helping pre-conference participants think creatively and strategically about the latest trends in social media.
• Multimedia professional Brad Radice, serving as CMI master of ceremonies and helping lead our Social Media pre-conference.
Information and Registration
Contact email@example.com or visit us on Facebook and Twitter.